State of Eden is committed to providing the best customer service to you in a transparent and ethical manner. This policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage the Personal Information that we collect from you either online or in person.
We strictly adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation (such as the Spam Act and the Do Not Call Register Act).
More information on the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained at www.privacy.gov.au.
Personal Information collected – how, what and why.
Personal Information is information that identifies you as an individual.
Personal Information is obtained online and in person by State of Eden through the following ways:
- Newsletter sign-up: we collect your name and email to allow us to provide you with information on business updates, new products and promotional offers.
- Online account registration: we collect your name, postal address, email address and phone number. Account registration allows a return customer a faster and more convenient check out experience.
- Online and in person order processing (including gift cards): we collect your name, postal address, email address, credit card details and order details. We collect this information to enable us to deliver your goods effectively and communicate with you on your order status. We may request your age and gender but these are not required for order processing. Disclosure of non-required Personal Information such as age and gender is used to build our understanding of our customer and ensure marketing and product offered is well targeted.
- Online contact form: we collect your name and email address through our contact form to allow us to answer any customer queries, resolve issues or complaints
- Social Media: we may ask you to provide your name and contact details via our Facebook page or Instagram if a query or complaint is made via our social media platforms. This information is collected to allow us to answer your query and resolve any issue or complaint.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of processing orders, providing better and more personable customer service and for marketing. We will only every use your personal information for the primary purpose for which it was obtained or where we have your consent to use it for other purposes such as direct marketing.
State of Eden website is not aimed at children under 13 years of age and will not intentionally collect data from them.
Direct marketing and opting out
If we ask you for your personal information for direct marketing, we will ask you directly for your consent. Our direct marketing may be sent to you in a variety of ways, including by mail, email or social media. You can always opt out of our direct marketing by clicking on the unsubscribe link on our email newsletters and following the prompts or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and Website Analytics
Third Party Links
Disclosure & security of Personal Information
Any personal information that you provide us with will not be released, sold or rented to any other entity or individual outside of State of Eden and our third party service providers unless where required or authorised by law. Our third party service providers include, but are not limited to, our financial institutions that process order payments, delivery and shipping providers, direct marketing platforms for our newsletters and information technology service providers. We require all of our third party providers to strictly adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles. Each of our third party providers have their own Privacy Policies and these should be referred in relation to how these companies specifically handle Personal Information. If you require further information on any of our third party providers please email us at email@example.com or contact us via our contact page online.
The secure storage of your Personal Information is very important to us and we use a dedicated SSL certificate for all payments. We use a third party firewall and malware detection provider to ensure your personal information and our site is as secure as possible from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
In order to protect your Personal Information we will require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as possible so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
State of Eden